Sunday, October 26, 2014

Scenario: Susie spent hours collecting and curating resources for her upcoming unit on cells. She is able to successfully use much of what she has found when implementing her plans.
The following year, when it is time to begin the unit on cells again, Susie forgets about the resources she curated. She essentially starts from scratch, performing the task of searching, saving, and sorting once again.
Create a plan or provide suggestions for ways to make your curated resources a regular part of your planning.
Please write your response in your blog. Use the attached rubric as a guide while you write your reflection.

I am quite concerned about this problem as I am amassing resources and technology.  Even now I download 5 powerpoint presentations on reflexive and inflexive pronouns and cannot remember on the day of which of the 5 I actually like and plan to use.
Right now my only thought is to create a computer file titled with the topic, for example pronouns.  Inside that file I want to create a Word document as a table of contents for lack of better words.  I can include any weblinks and document titles.  Also in the file can be any downloaded files such as powerpoints or Smart notebook files and worksheets.
I know that this is something I need to work on to make my future years as a teacher easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment